If you do not own a boat and wish to experience a day out on the water, hiring one is exactly what you need. Hiring boats in Melbourne is the best way to have fun without incurring the expenses of owning one.
Buying boats is no longer the only option to enjoy sailing on the water. Hiring boats in Melbourne has become a popular recreational activity. This article will lay out some tips for hiring boats in Melbourne.
When Should You Rent a Boat?
Once you have decided that you want to rent a boat, find a service provider that can rent you one as soon as possible. Once you know in advance the dates of your vacation, you should not wait until the last minute. If you do, you will have fewer chances of getting the best boat at the best price.
However, the last-minute rush may make you settle for a boat nobody wanted. In other cases, you might be forced to change your travel destination. As much as there are last minute offers, they may not fit your preferences.
What Should You Consider When Hiring Boats in Melbourne?
- Read through the contract. Make sure all the clauses are clear to avoid any consequences in case any mishap happens.
- When hiring a boat, you must be clear when it comes to insurance conditions. You should know who will be responsible for any damages that may take place. Therefore, look at any existing franchise in the insurance conditions, which could harm the rental economically.
- If you rent a boat with a captain, ensure all the professional fees are well specified.
- Ensure the contract specifies the amounts that the lessor and the lessee should deliver as compensation if the boat is not returned or delivered as agreed.
- The boat rental company may ask for a deposit payment prior to renting. The deposit is reimbursed on the boat’s delivery once everything is confirmed to be in order.
- In the case where a member of your group assumes the duties of the captain, some boat rental companies may demand that they provide a boating license that will help them navigate the boat you are hiring. However, some boat rental agencies do not ask for a license as long as you have the required skills.
- Different firms have different rules. Some may need you to return their vessel spotlessly clean, with the tank fuel full, at the time and the day agreed. Others want their vessel returned with all the items it had when you were hiring it.
Tips for Hiring Boats in Melbourne
With boat hire Melbourne, you can experience clean water for diving without experiencing tourist crowds, and enjoy the sounds of the sea during the night until you’re sound asleep.
If this is your ideal vacation, you are not alone. Over the past years, millions of people have enjoyed these types of vacations. Here are several tips to help you experience your dream vacation.
Choose a Date
Book your vacation as early as you can. The availability of boats and prices will depend on the dates.
Choose the kind of vacation you want
Prior to hiring the boat, it is recommended that you have the type of vacation and travel destination in mind. The type of vacation you choose will determine your travel destination, crew, and the boat type to hire.
Today, there are many options for travel destinations. Choose your travel destination carefully and research everything about the place you have in mind.
Identify the destination, type of boat, and the days you wish to rent the boat. Keep in mind that a good boat will not be cheap. An inexpensive boat may be outdated, poorly maintained, and may result in problems.
Type of rental
Decide the type of rental you want, then look for a boat rental firm that can offer you exactly that. Features of the rental vary from one type to the other. For the boat with the crew, there is a professional captain. At times, you will also get a personal chef. Here, everything is included, from food and drinks, diving equipment, among others.
Other people prefer a boat rental without a captain. In this case, one of the crew members must have professional skills and own a legal license. Normally, some companies offer training sessions to the crew members before they hire their boat.
Type of Boats to Hire
The way of navigation and the price varies from one type of boat to the other. Choose a boat that will make your boating experience unforgettable. Also, choose a boat that will fit the number of passengers who will board.
The Condition of the Boat
Do not let your vacation be turned into a nightmare. Choose a boat that is well maintained to avoid breakdowns and other unforeseen events. There is nothing more dangerous than being stuck in water due to engine problems.
Before going out on the water, ensure everything is in proper working condition, and inform your rental agency if you notice any issues. Look at the outward appearance of the boat as well.
What Should You Take?
Do you need a passport, a plane ticket, vehicle, or hotel reservation to get to the location of the boat? What equipment will you need to navigate? Can you sleep on the boat the first night before you leave? Make sure you review all the details and consult the rental agency for advice.
Have a Plan
Before you go on the water, have a plan in case an issue arises. You should know the contact details for the marina. Make sure someone knows the period you intend to be out on the water so they will check on you if you exceed that time. Also, have a way you can tell time so you will keep time.
Are you looking for a boat hire in Melbourne? Click here to get the best deals that will make your experience unforgettable.